Miyerkules, Mayo 15, 2013

The Contributions of Lazada to the Local E-Commerce Industry


Nowadays, there are certainly a lot of internet shopping sites to choose from. But as an online shopper, I also know for a fact that not all of them can give the high quality of products and service that I am looking for. Hence, I stick to the ones which have proven that they are worthy of my trust. And at the top of my list would be Lazada PH.


This internet shopping site was first introduced to me by a friend. At first I was hesitant to try it. But when I did my research, I found out that there are actually a lot of things to love about it.

For one, it provides a wide array of product selection. When it started out its operation in the Philippines, it had more than 4,000 items in its inventory. Later on, I became a witness to how this list has grown exponentially. This site definitely has anything and everything that a shopper would need. Hence it is not surprising that it has gained the reputation as the Philippines’ online shopping mall.

But more than being of service to consumers like me, there is more to Lazada in terms of its contributions to the local e-commerce economy. The fact is, not a lot of Filipino consumers and entrepreneurs have fully benefitted from the advantages and perks of e-commerce. But with sites like this, that is bound to change.


Local brands

 On the part of local online entrepreneurs, this site allows them to showcase their business, brand and products. This is actually a rare opportunity. From all the internet shopping sites I have been to, this is the sole site that I encountered which sells local brands.


The usual scenario is, international products dominate the site. This is especially true for those which are as big as the Lazada online mall. But unlike the rest, this site carries books from local authors, CDs of Original Pilipino Music or OPM, and even DVD copies of locally produced films. And as apparent in the screen grab on top, there are also local brands for mobile phone units such as the MyPhone.

Hence, this site is valuable for the local internet entrepreneurs because it gives them an opportunity to expand, sell more and earn more. It allows them to permeate a market which is dominated by foreign products.

 Purchasing power

In the case of consumers like me, another way through which this site helps the local e-commerce industry is that it attracts more online shoppers. One means for this is through increasing our purchasing power via the affordability of products.

The fact is, Lazada is one of the sites which offer the best discounts in the entire e-commerce industry in the Philippines. This is actually one of the reasons why I shop here. With the price reductions, I am able to buy more and even gain more confidence in buying things via the internet. When that happens, more money is invested in the industry. It then works like a domino effect. More money becomes circulated; thereby making the industry more dynamic.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento